WP Personal Web Sites
Instructional Technologies Support introduces WP Personal Websites, a new way to make a website or blog for yourself, a class, your research, or whatever! Publish a site for your club, make a digital vita, share pictures from your events or document your research with easy to use, web-based tools.
What This Service is Not
WP Personal Websites is not a replacement for Gato. All official Texas State academic and service department websites are hosted in Gato. WP is intended to serve faculty, staff, and student needs for Web publishing not covered by Gato.
WP Personal Websites offers a number of tools that make sharing your content with the world a quick and trivial task:
- Create Web pages or blog posts using a rich text editor.
- Upload images to add to posts, or create an image gallery.
- Choose from eight different themes to best suit your needs.
- Customize your sidebar using various Widgets.
- Add additional editors to your site with varying levels of access.
- Accept comments from your site visitors.
- Publish your site as an RSS feed.
- Import and export your content to a portable file.
- Google Analytics support
Click here to reserve your site’s address and get your WP Personal Website started.
Self-Paced Video Training
WP Personal Websites is based on WordPress, and there are a number of helpful video-based training resources available for on the Lynda.com training site. These resources are free for Texas State faculty, staff, and students.
Check out the ETC’s custom “WP Fundamentals” playlist to familiarize yourself with the most common functionality in the system (approximately 2-hour training) or check out the full WordPress Essentials training (approximately 5 hours) once you are logged into Lynda.com.
If you need to do something more advanced on your site, a quick search on Lynda.com should point you in the right direction.
If something goes wrong, a tool isn’t working as expected, or if you’d like to see a feature added, please contact the WP support team for assistance.